Spring Cleaning Guide for 2023
With the arrival of warmer weather, spring cleaning season is upon us! If you have recently retired, this can be an ideal time to tackle all those cleaning tasks that you’ve been procrastinating on. Keeping your home clean and organized can help you feel prepared and energized for the day ahead. Additionally, cleaning can aid in decluttering and creating more space, as well as helping you identify any items that you may need for the rest of the year.
Here is a comprehensive list of cleaning ideas you may want to consider:
- Ensure that your windows are clean both inside and out. This will allow more light to enter your rooms.
- Dust your blinds and shades.
- Check all of your light fixtures and replace any old or flickering light bulbs.
- Sweep or vacuum your floors.
- Deep clean your carpets or mop your floors.
- Move your heavy furniture and clean the floors underneath them.
- Deep clean your oven, stove top, and kitchen counters.
- Empty your fridge and freezer and thoroughly clean them.
- Dust or wash your frames and decorative items.
- Polish any wooden furniture.
- Wash all your bedding, blankets, and pillows.
- Flip or rotate your mattress.
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Replace your shower curtains and liners.
- Clean and bleach your bathroom surfaces.
- Get rid of any winter clothes that you no longer need or want by donating them or throwing them away.
Spring isn’t just good for cleaning your home. Spring is also the perfect season to focus on organizing your finances. Speak with us today, and we can help you to organize your financial plans for the future.